Blog Archive

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Kaymer ends time with caddie Connelly

Kaymer splits from Connelly
The trend of pro golfers parting company with their continues, as news breaks that Martin Kaymer has split with bagman Craig Connelly less than three months after becoming World No.1.

The current World No.3, who can reclaim the hot seat off Lee Westwood with victory at the Volvo World Matchplay this week, enjoyed tremendous success with the Scot last year by claiming the Abu Dhabi Championship, US PGA Championship, KLM Open, Dunhill Links, the Ryder Cup and the European Tour's Race to Dubai.

"Fore me it was just time to change and move on," said the 26-year-old German. "We've talked about it a few times already, but on Sunday we had a little chat and just decided to go our separate ways.

"Obviously Craig and I had a fantastic year together, I just felt like I needed a change. It has nothing really to do with Craig, he's a fantastic guy and he's been a good caddie for me."

Kaymer will use the services of his brother Philip in Andalucia this week, before making a decision ahead of a big few months on the circuit.

"I'll just try to have some fun with him this week and we'll see what happens at Wentworth if I find somebody. If not, I'm sure I will find somebody for the US Open," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment